A surgical specialty dedicated to the reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. The enhancement of a person’s appearance using medical surgery. The plastic surgery involves restoration or alteration of the human body and treatments require effective decision-making skills. Any surgical procedure which tends to change the physical appearance is termed plastic surgery.
It is a safe and popular way to get a treatment to improve the appearance of an individual by restoring and reconstructing the damaged or distorted parts of the body. Though time taking yet the procedure leads to drastic positive changes in an individual’s personality.
The benefits are usually emotional as it is one of the most popular and promising surgery to improve appearance. The goal is to improve or evacuate skin coloration or ugly scars, restoring disturbed noses, disposal of amplified breasts.
Apart from good looks achievement, it is also responsible to improve self-confidence. But apart from all this, it is crucial to inspect the restoration procedure; therefore, you need to get a highly skilled plastic surgeon to support your decision of getting such a surgery.
Benefits of plastic surgery
• Increase in self-confidence. Improvement in appearance can directly increase self-confidence thereby increase in willingness to stay motivated in life. It gives you the confidence to come out of the comfort zone that you created because of scars or any other physical deformity.
• It improves physical health such as rhinoplasty which is giving shape to the nose improves breathing and breast reduction surgery can provide relief with a person from neck and back pain.
• Improved mental health as the increase in self-confidence can improve mental health as well and therefore it gives a better control over the lives.
The term plastic surgery is most of the times confused with cosmetic surgery which is a different surgical procedure with different results. The difference between cosmetic and plastic surgery is elaborated in the following points:
• Cosmetic surgery is focussed on improving appearance. The prime goal of cosmetic surgery is to use all the techniques and principles to enhance an individual’s physical appearance. It is done in all areas of the head, neck, and body.
The goals of cosmetic surgery include the following:
• Breast enhancement: it can be either augmentation, lift or reduction
• Facial contouring: It includes Rhinoplasty, chin or cheek enhancement
• Facial rejuvenation: This includes facelift, eyelid lift, neck lift, and brow lift
• Body Contouring: Tummy tuck, liposuction, and gynecomastia treatment comes under this category
• Skin rejuvenation: Includes laser resurfacing, botox and filler treatments
While plastic surgery is focussed on repairing defects to give a normal function and appearance by restoring the features and body parts. The following comes under plastic surgery:
• Breast reconstruction
• Burn repair surgery
• Congenital defect repair which includes cleft palate, extremity defect repair
• Lower the extremity reconstruction
• Hand surgery
• Scar revision surgery
A professional and excellent surgeon is the most important person who determines the entire plastic surgery procedure. Therefore consulting the perfect surgeon is the most important task. One of the most popular names in the surgery industry in Florida is Dr. George M Varkarakis who is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon. The details can be found on the website gvplasticsurgery.com.
Apart from being a prominent plastic surgeon, he is also the member of editorial board and peer reviewer for several key medical journals. He started off with the goal to provide compassionate and high-quality patient outcomes with an artistic perspective. He has been bestowed upon with titles with Top Surgeons in America by Consumers Research Council of America, Patients Choice Award from Vitals.com.